Memorial Day Weekend ushers in the official start of summer, and families are prepping their yards for barbecues and garden parties. As you hose down the patio furniture and sweep off the deck, you will probably be greeted by another beacon of warm weather outdoor time: Mosquitoes.
These blood-thirsty insects are an inevitable burden. When mosquitoes are eating you alive, it’s tough to enjoy your yard> But, have no fear! Giroud Tree & Lawn offers an effective Mosquito Control Program- and it’s 100% Organic!
Giroud’s 100% Organic Mosquito Control program is made from essential oils including peppermint and cedar oils. A natural repellent that's safe for pets, children and pollinators, our treatments control mosquitoes as well as fleas, gnats and dangerous ticks.
Here's how Giroud’s Mosquito Control Works
- Risk Assessment: Your Giroud Arborist will do a comprehensive inspection of your property to identify mosquito hot spots and develop a customized Mosquito Control Program.
- Best Timing for Treatment: Mosquito populations skyrocket as the weather gets warmer. Giroud recommends treatments every 3 weeks especially during the warmest months from late Spring through early Fall. Additional treatments may be required for properties with unusually high mosquito populations.
- 100% Mosquito Control: To be successful, mosquitoes must be controlled where they hide which is typically any dark, moist environment or dense vegetation. Every time Giroud visits your property for a treatment, your Giroud Technician will walk your entire property to identify and treat all of the mosquito hot spots. Giroud’s 100% Organic program uses a two step approach:
- Perimeter sprays: Mosquitoes do not use lawns as resting places. Instead, they look for sheltered areas that are out of direct sunlight. Your Giroud Technician will apply treatment along the edges of your property to create a mosquito barrier.
- Hot Spots: Mosquitoes must be controlled where they congregate. Of course the most important control points are in the outdoor spaces where you live, eat and play. Each application will cover these Hot Spots including: foliage, vegetation areas, mulch beds, buildings, porches, eaves, decks and patios.
- Remove or Empty Objects that Collect Water: Mosquitoes need water for two stages of their life cycle. Our inspection will identify areas where water collects that must be removed, emptied frequently or treated. Recommendations may include: removing water in rain gutters, old tires, buckets, plastic covers, or any other container; emptying and changing the water in bird baths, fountains, wading pools, rain barrels and potted plant trays at least once a week; draining temporary pools of water or fill with dirt.
- Prune or Remove Overgrown Vegetation: Mosquitoes are shade lovers. The Giroud Team can eliminate shady habitats in two ways. First, cleaning up and/or clearing overgrown areas. Second, pruning tree branches and shrubs around the lawn edge to let in more sunlight.
Giroud's 100% Organic treatments give you much more than mosquito protection. Our formula also protects your family and pets from dangerous Ticks and Nuisance Pests. It’s good to know that you can strike out dangerous and annoying pests with one powerful 100% Organic treatment!
Having a Party?
Don't let hungry mosquitoes attack your guests! From a backyard cookout to a family reunion, graduation or wedding, we can help! For best control, we recommend two treatments. The first is applied about two weeks before your event. The second is done about 2-3 days ahead.
Don't let Mosquitoes ruin your Summer Backyard Parties! Call 215-682-7704 TODAY for a FREE evaluation!